Does your child need to increase his/her confidence in social settings?
Does your teenager need to be more accountable as he/she becomes a young adult?
Are you frustrated and not sure how you can parent your child differently?
I conduct several seminars to benefit both adolescents and adults. Each seminar is 90 minutes long, with 2 facilitators per session. No CPT codes are applicable to the seminar. The cost for each session is $60. A description of each seminar is listed below.
If you would like more information or to register for a seminar, CLICK HERE.
- Focus on a skill and help to apply that skill through role plays, cooperative teamwork and other activities
- Help each participant identify a skill they wish to develop and practice through the duration of the seminar.
- Increase self-awareness
- Identify behavior patterns and ways to initiate changes
- Develop ways to connect to others in a meaningful way
- Utilize effective communication strategies
- Increase the adolescent’s performance
- Increase the adolescent’s motivation
- Develop goal-based parenting versus emotional/reactive parenting
- Build healthy relationships
- Increase adolescent self-advocacy communication skills
- Identify behavior patterns of responding to pain and ways to initiate changes
- Develop skills and strategies for effective pain management
- Increase mindfulness skills
- Develop emotional regulation skills to decrease reactive responses in competition
- Develop relaxation and imagery skills
- Foster communication skills to advocate with teammates, coaches and parents
- Cultivate motivational skills to achieve excellence versus perfection
- Identify realistic goal setting skills
- Develop skills to increase concentration and focus
- Identify triggers, patterns of thoughts and behaviors associated with destructive behaviors
- Develop emotional regulation skills and effective strategies to initiate change
- Emphasize communication patterns that enhance relationships and effective support systems
- Foster mindfulness skills and increase distress tolerance
- Identify triggers to anxiety and gain insight into ways to shift responses to anxiety
- Develop skills to manage uncomfortable feelings
- Participate in exposure therapy to practice anxiety provoking situations in a supportive setting